WAUKESHA COUNTY, Wis. (NBC NEWS) — Wisconsin deputies made a traffic stop recently involving a rather unusual vehicle, The Oscar Mayer Wiernermobile.
The hot-dog shaped car was pulled over because Waukesha County Sheriff’s officials say the driver did not follow the ‘move over’ law.
The law requires drivers to move away from or slow down when a vehicle on the side of the road has their emergency lights flashing.
Officials say the side of the road is one of the most dangerous places for first responders and maintenance personnel.
The Wienermobile driver was given a verbal warning.
More from MyHighPlains.com:
- Boys high school basketball area round scores
- Dean of Texas Tech School of Veterinary Medicine gives update on school’s progress
- Special Olympics Texas Panhandle Area Basketball competition kicked off this evening
- John Harris talks about tomorrow’s training with the National Weather Service; You can watch it live at home
- Four girls high school basketball teams from our area advance to the regional finals