BOWIE, Texas (KAMR/KCIT) — Early this morning Bowie, Texas was hit with severe weather that left some serious damage.
KAMR Local 4’s Clint Brakebill caught some images showing the damage the early morning storms caused.
The storms that hit Bowie around 4 a.m. are believed to have originated from a supercell that started near Burkburnett, just West of Witchita Falls.
The supercell is believed to have dropped a few tornadoes, as well as large hailstones, rumored to be larger than softballs.
More from MyHighPlains.com:
- President Trump, Ivanka made donations to Harris’s campaign in 2014
- College football chaos: Who is playing and who has canceled?
- Bindi Irwin announces pregnancy: ‘Baby Wildlife Warrior due in 2021’
- World’s last Blockbuster becomes Airbnb rental
- Delays in test results continue to plague Texans as Gov. Abbott says state is working on quicker turnaround