LOUISIANA (CNN) – Authorities in Louisiana released information over the weekend putting the state’s death toll from Hurricane Laura at 25.
The Louisiana department of health put those figures out Saturday.
The updated death toll information included details on two more fatalities.
One was a 52-year-old man in Grant Parish who LDH said, “Died of a heat-related illness while removing debris following the storm.”
Another was a 25-year-old man who came into contact with a power line and was electrocuted.
He was resuscitated at the time, but later died.
More from MyHighPlains.com:
- US lawmakers look into threat assessment from Jan. 6 attack
- Amarillo, as well as Potter and Randall County to receive Coronavirus Recovery Funds as a part of the American Rescue Plan Act
- Crocs again giving thousands of free pairs to health care workers
- 14-year-old arrested for murder after missing 13-year-old Florida girl found dead
- J-Lo and Ben Affleck spotted vacationing together in Montana, reports say