(NBC News) A massive recovery effort is now underway in areas devastated by Hurricane Laura.
At least six people were killed when Laura came ashore near the Texas-Louisiana border Thursday.
From Cameron, Louisiana, where the eye of the hurricane hit, through Lake Charles, the devastation stretches for miles.
Laura, a Category 4 hurricane with sustained winds of 150-miles an hour, was the most powerful storm ever to hit the state.
Homes and businesses were ripped apart, power lines were snapped and trees were ripped from the ground.
Most of the area is still without electricity, and will be for some time.
Read more: https://nbcnews.to/2Dcpzf2
More from MyHighPlains.com:
- Italian woman mistakenly given 6 shots of Pfizer COVID vaccine
- Bear crippled, euthanized after falling down waterfall in Colorado
- City of Topeka dropping mask requirement on May 17
- ‘The Voice’ is going live for Season 20 and the artists are feeling the pressure
- Chipotle increasing average wage to $15 per hour