Good Friday afternoon everyone!
We will continue to see warmer temperatures here across the region. Temperatures will reach the low to mid 90’s. Winds will be out of the north ranging anywhere from 10 to 15 mph. For the most part, expect breezy conditions for your Friday afternoon. We will see an increase in cloud cover as the evening and overnight hours progress.
Tomorrow morning, expect a cloudy start with lows in the upper 50’s and low to mid 60’s across the panhandles. Mostly sunny skies for your Saturday afternoon with highs reaching the upper 80’s and 90’s. However, we do have a chance of seeing some widespread thunderstorms later into the evening and overnight hours. Severe thunderstorms will be possible and the main threats from any severe weather for your Saturday will be large hail and damaging winds. As we make our way into Sunday, expect highs in the 90’s and for the rain chances to continue. A few isolated showers will mostly affect the western parts of our viewing area later into the evening hours and overnight hours.
More from MyHighPlains.com:
- Austin mass shooting: 13 hospitalized after attack on 6th Street
- Passenger on Delta flight restrained after altercation with multiple people near front of plane, video shows
- Amarillo tourism industry on major rebound, predicted to pass 2019 levels
- Will eating cicadas get me high? Myths debunked
- TSA screens over 2 million passengers in a single day for the first time since March 2020