The Amarillo area lane closure for the week of May 5, provided by the Texas Department of Transportation.
- Starting Monday, May 6, 34th Avenue will be closed from just west of Amarillo Fire Station #2 (9000 W. 34th Ave.) to just east of Helium Road. Motorists traveling east on 34th Avenue will be routed northbound onto Helium Road. Motorists traveling west from Soncy Road down 34th Avenue will be stopped just west of the fire station and detour back to Soncy Road. This portion of 34th Avenue will remain closed through Friday, May 10, while a manhole in the middle of 34th Avenue is relocated.
- Watch for various lane closures as crews scrub seal State Loop 335 at US 87 in the following areas:
- Entrance and exit ramps
- Both northbound lanes from the SL 335/US 87 intersection
- The right southbound lane, approximately 200 feet before the intersection.
- Crews also will be scrub sealing in the right eastbound lane of SL 335 between Western and Broadway streets. Expect temporary closures in the right lane and the exit ramp.
- Various lane closures on SL 335 north of I-40 for patching repairs.
- On Wednesday, May 8, the left and center lanes of I-40 westbound will be closed at Western Street for bridge deck work.
- On Thursday, May 9, the right lane of I-40 westbound will be closed at Western Street for bridge deck work.
- Expect various lane closures on I-27 northbound between the 45th Avenue and Moss/Parker Street exits.
- Watch for slow-moving herbicide spraying operations along I-27 and I-40.
- Watch for mowers along I-27 and I-40.
All projects are subject to change due to weather, emergency work and other unexpected events.