The No. 21 West Texas A&M baseball team begins the second half of the Lone Star Conference season this weekend at Tarleton State beginning with a single game Friday at 3 p.m. in Stephenville, Texas, followed by a doubleheader Saturday at 1 p.m.
· The Buffs conclude their 11-game road swing this weekend at Tarleton State. The Buffs are 24-10 and
· 13-7 in Lone Star Conference play, while Tarleton State is 14-19 and 8-12 in league play.
· This series begins the second half of the conference regular season with the Buffs tied for second in the league standings with Angelo State, one game behind Texas A&M-Kingsville. Tarleton State is fifth in the league standings, six games behind TAMUK and one game out of fourth-place Cameron. The top four teams qualify for the conference tournament at the end of the regular season at the regular season champion.
· The series is set for a single game Friday at 3 p.m., followed by a doubleheader Saturday beginning at 1 p.m.
· WT won the previous series against Tarleton State 3-1 in Canyon the first weekend in March as the Buffs outscored the Texans 36-17 and hit a season series-best .403, while TSU hit just .223.
· The Buffs enter the series this weekend with a 5-3 record on the road trip after a disappointing series at Texas A&M-Kingsville last weekend where WT surrendered leads in the final two games of the series midway through for losses in both and went 1-3 for the series. It was the first series loss for WT of the season.
· Tarleton State is coming off a split at home last weekend against Angelo State and a non-conference, 6-3 home loss yesterday to St. Mary’s.
· The Texans lead the all-time series with WT 60-49, but the Buffs have won 10 of 13 dating back to 2014.
· WT went 2-1 against Tarleton State in Stephenville last season for the third-straight year of winning the road series. TSU has not won a series in Stephenville against WT since 2008.
HOW TO CATCH THE GAMES
· Fans can access live stats and streaming information by logging on to the official www.gobuffsgo.com and clicking on the baseball schedule page.
· You can also get live updates via the West Texas A&M Twitter account and Facebook pages. Follow the team @wtathletics or Twitter.com/wtathletics, as well as the new baseball twitter account.