CANYON, Texas (KAMR/KCIT) — The Canyon Eagles boys basketball team hosted the Trinity Christian Lions on Monday night for what was a hard fought game.
The Eagles battled and gave just about all they had against what was a 3-4 Lions squad.
Through out the second period Canyon came soaring back after being down 16-8, but it was not enough to best Trinity Christian, as the Lions were able to come out on top 69-61.
The Eagles will be back in action on Friday Dec. 18 against the Caprock Longhorns, in Amarillo at 7 p.m.
More from MyHighPlains.com:
- Update: One in critical condition after 2nd alarm structure fire
- Defense pushes Lady Buffs past Texas A&M-Kingsville
- Buffalo Bills arrive in Kansas City ahead of AFC Championship
- Big offenses, overlooked defenses in AFC title game
- Family Life Office of the Diocese of Amarillo host annual ‘Respect Life’ mass and walk