AMARILLO, Texas (KAMR/KCIT) — The Amarillo Venom kicked off their 2021 Indoor Football Season at home Saturday against the West Texas War Birds.
The game did not start off well for the Venom, giving up 24 first-half points while only putting up 7.
Things did slightly get better in the second half after they managed to make it a game, putting up three more touchdowns.
However, in the end the Venom fall to the War Birds, 38-28.
Watch the video at the top of this web story for highlights from the Venom’s season opener.
More from MyHighPlains.com:
- TxDOT’s “Know Before You Go” lane closure report for week of June 20-June 26
- Sod Poodles fan, father get’s Father Day surprise at HODGETOWN
- Gruver ISD named School Board of the Year by Region 16
- There’s a castle for sale in Indiana
- In a seller’s market, experts urge buyers to do these 3 things before placing an offer