AMARILLO, Texas (KAMR/KCIT) — The 2021 Amarillo Relays were held on Saturday at Dick Bivins Stadium, and there were some record breaking performances from teams and individuals from all across the High Plains.
• Tascosa’s Major Everhart ran a 10.38 100M (Top Time in Class 5A)
• Canyon’s Breanna Stuart won the 800M with a 2:19.03, 1600M with a 2:19.03, and the 3200 in the Prelims with a time of 11:06.
• Panhandle’s Mackie Land ran a 56.4 Quarter (her personal best), and was just .03 seconds away from the record.
• Amarillo High’s Trey Thomas won the 300M hurdles with a time of 38.6, and helped the Sandies win the Sprint Relay, and the Mile Relay with a team best time of 3:25.89.
Boy’s Team Meet Placements:
|8.||Amarillo Palo Duro||24|
Girl’s Team Meet Placements:
|4.||Amarillo Palo Duro||60|
To see the meets complete results, you can click here.
More from MyHighPlains.com:
- 40 finches found concealed in hair rollers inside man’s luggage at JFK Airport
- Washington DC one step closer to becoming a state as House passes bill
- Virginia teacher charged with drug possession, cocaine found in desk
- Burgum joins 14 governors in opposition to Biden’s “30 by 30” plan
- CDC investigating Oregon woman’s death after J&J vaccine