LaGRANGE, Ga. (WRBL) — The City of LaGrange is dressing the city in red and black, after Mayor Jim Thornton declared Dec. 18 a public holiday.
The city is encouraging the community and businesses to cheer the Callaway High School Cavaliers on to victory for the semifinal rounds of the GHSA.
In a football game on Friday, Dec. 18 7:30 p.m. the Cavaliers will be facing Rabun County High School at Callaway Stadium.
According to a Callaway High School official, this is the 20th time the Cavaliers have made it to the State playoffs during their 25 years of existence.
More from MyHighPlains.com:
- Amarillo High, Clarendon, and Texline All Advance to State Semi-finals
- Nazareth Swiftettes Advance to Fifth Straight State Championship
- Amarillo business owners on mask policies, tips from APD on de-escalating tension over masks
- Poet Amanda Gorman said she was targeted by security guard: ‘One day an icon, the next a threat’
- Unemployed Kansan owes more than $11K in benefits after getting overpayment letter