LAWRENCE, Kan. — Bryce Thompson, 6′ 5″ guard from Tulsa, Oklahoma, is adding his name to the list of Kansas Jayhawks to enter the transfer portal, according to 247Sports.
Head coach Bill Self reacted to Thompson’s transfer saying he spoke with him and his family.
“I know Bryce had a tough freshman season with injuries but I enjoyed coaching him this year through the ups and downs,” Self said. “We wish nothing but the best for the entire Thompson family moving forward.”
Tyon Grant-Foster, Latrell Jossell and Gethro Muscadin have all entered the transfer portal as well, meaning all 2020 recruits will no longer be with the program moving forward.
Kansas was eliminated from the NCAA Tournament in the second round in a 34-point rout by USC.
More from MyHighPlains.com:
- West Texas A&M University’s Research Feedlot helps prepare students to join the beef industry
- How to complete ‘Sonic the Hedgehog’ in the shortest time possible
- How to win ‘The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time’ in 15 minutes
- Asylum cases transferred out of MPP and allowed into U.S. doubled in the past month, new data shows
- Guardsman finds gym bag filled with guns near Texas-Mexico border