(NBC News) Shifting focus to his border wall may prove difficult for President Trump during today’s visit to Yuma, Arizona – one of the nation’s current hot spots for surging COVID-19 cases.
Back on Capitol Hill, Dr. Anthony Fauci and other top Trump health officials will testify to a House committee today, warning that the pandemic will not end anytime soon, and could be made even worse by the upcoming flu season.
It comes as the White House tries to downplay the president’s recent vow to slow down coronavirus testing, and as more Trump campaign staffers test positive for the virus.
Meanwhile, top Democrats say the administration is sitting on nearly $14 billion earmarked for testing and contact tracing.
Read more: https://nbcnews.to/2CrmAOS
More from MyHighPlains.com:
- Donald Trump holds narrow lead over Joe Biden in Texas, UT poll finds
- High school coaches’ convention will draw thousands to San Antonio as pandemic rages across Texas
- COVID-19 Crisis: Houston Hospitals Near Capacity
- Second stimulus: Mnuchin says White House will ‘seriously consider’ more payments
- Newsfeed Now: Coronavirus concerns; Officers rescue dog from storm drain