(NBC News) President Trump wrapped up the Republican National Convention Thursday night with an appearance from the White House lawn as hundreds of protesters stood gathered outside.
In the political speech of his life, Mr. Trump framed this election as a clear choice.
“This election will decide whether we will defend the American way of life or allow a radical left movement to completely dismantle and destroy it,” he said as he launched relentless attacks on Joe Biden.
“No one will be safe in Biden’s America,” the president went on to say.
On the South Lawn, packed with supporters – many not wearing masks, the president also defended his response to COVID-19.
That response was a part of the Democratic response delivered by vice presidential candidate Senator Kamala Harris.
“Donald Trump stood idly by and, folks it was a deadly decision,” Harris said, adding “Donald Trump has failed at the most basic and important job of a President of the United States. He failed to protect the American people.”
Read more: https://nbcnews.to/34D2FZv
More from MyHighPlains.com:
- 56-year-old Amarillo woman dead after Sunday morning shooting
- Missouri pastor on leave after sexist sermon saying wives should lose weight to look like Melania Trump
- Deputies say hamburger contained more than special sauce
- Biden marks ‘Bloody Sunday’ by signing voting-rights order
- Report: Popular flea & tick collar tied to 1,700 pet deaths, EPA received more than 75,000 complaints