AMARILLO, Texas (KAMR/KCIT) — MyHighPlains.com learned today that three candidates were missing from the ballot in both Collingsworth and Cochran Counties.
Steven Denny and Larry Doss, both running for 7th Court of Appeals Place 4, were not on the ballot in those two counties.
Brian Quinn, who was running uncontested for Chief Justice of the 7th Court of Appeals, was also not on the ballot.
Of the 46 counties where the 7th Court of Appeals has jurisdiction, only 44 voted on these two races.
Doss, the incumbent, lost in the primary to Denny by only 414 votes.
The Texas Secretary of State’s Office said Doss could file an election contest or seek relief in court, but the Secretary of State’s office said it is up to the candidates and parties involved to decide what the next steps are.
More from MyHighPlains.com:
- Young Bay Area artist gets surprise call from Kamala Harris
- Mickey: Adversity overcomes Cowboys
- Washington dominates Cowboys
- Hospital leaders: Some COVID patients returning with worse symptoms after initial treatment and discharge
- A Bayou Classic Story: The First Lady of the “World Famed” Tiger Marching Band