AUSTIN (KXAN) — During the debate between U.S. Senate candidates MJ Hegar and John Cornyn Friday night, people joined the conversation using the hashtag #TXSenateDebate.
It was hard for many not to compare this debate to either the first presidential debate or the vice presidential debate.
A lot of people were a fan of the debate bell, too. It was used to notify the candidates when their time was up for answering a question.
And, most importantly, some people came away with an important reminder: vote!
You can watch a full recap of the debate here. Election Day is Nov. 3, but registered Texans can begin voting early Oct. 13 through Oct. 30.
More from MyHighPlains.com:
- United Family pharmacies offering childhood and adolescent vaccines
- City of Amarillo continues to combat mosquito population
- American Airlines flights canceled: How to check your flight and re-book
- Vax 2 the Max: First winners drawn
- Former teacher leaves nearly half-a-million-dollar estate to high school