AMARILLO, Texas (KAMR/KCIT) — Texas State Senator Kel Seliger has endorsed Josh Winegarner for U.S. Congress in the Republic Primary Runoff on July 14th.
Winegarner faces Dr. Ronny Jackson for the 13th Congressional District seat currently held by Mac Thornberry. Thornberry is retiring after the end of his term. Thornberry has also endorsed Winegarner.
“After last week’s debate, there is no doubt that conservative Josh Winegarner is the best candidate to represent us in Congress,” said Seliger. “As a lifelong district resident and an advocate for agriculture, energy, public education, and our military installations, Josh has the knowledge and passion to fight for us in Congress. I am proud to endorse Josh Winegarner, and I humbly ask that you join me at the polls on July 14th.”
Jackson’s biggest endorsement has come from President Trump himself. The President has tweeted out his support multiple times for Jackson.
More from MyHighPlains.com:
- Local pizza shop seeing generous tips
- Attorney confirms Vanessa Guillen remains positively identified
- ‘Mask it or casket’ says state emergency chief as Governor orders Texans to wear masks
- Tracking stormy Sunday weather
- Frederick Douglass statue removed at Rochester park