AMARILLO, Texas (KAMR/KCIT) — The City of Amarillo approved an update to its Downtown Strategic Action Plan.
The plan was originally created in 2008, and today the city revised its goals in that plan to include some of their hopes for downtown in the future.
Among those goals are the renovation and expansion of the civic center.
The city is also looking to revitalize the Santa Fe Depot, and the addition of a downtown grocery store.
The council also added language to the city’s Urban Design Standards that would allow municipal facilities to use skywalks as connectors in parts of downtown when safety is a concern.
More from MyHighPlains.com:
- Sen. Cornyn supports bill for highway that would go from Mexico to Canada
- Doctors travel across the country to provide dental care for kids in need
- Drive-By Desserts: Kind House Ukraine Bakery Offering Sweet Treats
- Limeades for Learning Fall Voting Campaign Begins
- Anonymous group of residents start ‘Wrapping Clovis in Love’ acts of kindness