AMARILLO, Texas (KAMR/KCIT) — The Amarillo City Council has voted to appoint Howard Smith as the new mayor pro tem.
Smith serves as Place Four on the Amarillo City Council.
Freda Powell was the previous pro tem.
More from MyHighPlains.com:
- National Coffee Day: Freebies and deals from Dunkin, Krispy Kreme, Starbucks and more
- New PBS film examines construction boom on backs of Latino workers
- Sam’s Club unveils “12 Days of Wine” advent calendar
- Airbnb cracks down on house parties, suspending more than 20 listings in the Austin area
- Tampa International to be first US airport to offer COVID-19 testing in terminal