Americans across the country cast their final ballots on the issues that mattered most to them.
From mail-in ballots to in-person voting, the coronavirus pandemic has not stopped voters from turning out in numbers to make sure their voices are heard.
The Presidential Election:
Tonight, Americans will decide who will be the leader of the country for the next four years: Republican President Donald Trump, or his Democratic challenger, Former Vice President Joe Biden.
U.S Senator – Texas:
U.S. Rep. District 13:
Dr. Ronny Jackson won the 13th Congressional beating Gus Trujillo and Jack Westbrook. Jackson says that with this seat he plans on serving on some committees, including agriculture and Armed Services. In an acceptance speech, he thanked everyone who supported him and help him win the seat.
City of Amarillo Proposition A:
Proposition A and B were defeated Tuesday evening, and Prop C, which reduces the number of required Amarillo City Council meetings, was passed by voters.
Many elections across the nation and here on High Plains are being monitored today. Click the corresponding links below to find election results after the polls close.
Your Local Election Headquarters | November 2020 Election Results
More from MyHighPlains.com:
- New career & STEM exhibit open at Discovery Center
- Newsfeed Now: Daunte Wright laid to rest; Lawmakers propose massive student loan cancellation and free college plan
- Arkansas woman says she was fired for refusing to get COVID-19 vaccine
- Rocket Wheeler named 2021 Sod Squad team manager
- Caitlyn Jenner announces run for governor of California