One of six invited collegiate productions in a competitive regional field of sixty-eight from Texas, Oklahoma, Louisiana, New Mexico and Arkansas, WT theatre’s production of Musical of Musicals performed for a regional audience and national critics at the Abilene Civic Center, February 25-28, during the Region VI Kennedy Center American College Theatre Festival (KCACTF). In addition, WT theatre students competed in individual events for national and regional awards and commendations.
- Outstanding Musical Theatre Performer and Kennedy Center National Musical Theatre Fellow – Zachary Perrin
- Distinguished Musical Theatre Performance- Macy Watts
- Distinguished Musical Theatre Performance- Caleb Aguilar
- Distinguished Performance and Production – The Ensemble of Musical of Musicals
- Christine Lisa Basse- Musical Theatre Performance
- Micaela Grenier- Musical Theatre Performance
- Royal R. Brantley- Direction of Musical of Musicals
- Crystal Bertrand- Choreography for Musical of Musicals
- Bradley J. Behrmann – Musical Direction of Musical of Musicals
- John Landon, Best Regional Technical Load-in/Load-out of a Production
- Cydnee Augesen, Regional Award for Best Makeup Design for WTAMU’s production of Musical of Musicals
- L’Hannah Pedigo, Regional Finalist/Excellence in Lighting Design for WTAMU’s production of Musical of Musicals
- Christian Howard, Excellence in Sound Design for WTAMU’s production of Rosencrantz and Guildenstern Are Dead.Howard’s award includes a weeklong fellowship with the Stagecraft Institute of Las Vegas, Nevada.
- Driana Bramer, Regional Finalist/Excellence in Costume Design for WTAMU’s production of Peter and the Starcatcher
- Macy Elise Watts, Regional Finalist, Irene Ryan Acting Competition
- Kenzie Redwine, Regional Finalist, Musical Theatre Initiative
- Zach Perrin, Caitlin Standish, Chloe Ridolfo, Christine Lisa Basse, and Hannah Green, Regional Finalists for the Musical Theatre Dance Initiative
- Kaelee Eichorst, Invited Director, Student Directed Initiative
This is the third year in a row that WT theatre has advanced a production to the regional competition. A rare achievement, the “three peat” appearance by WT theatre is their seventh overall regional performance since starting competition in the KCACTF in 1994: The Homage That Follows (1997), The Old Boy (2005), Rabbit Hole (2009), Iphigenia 2.0 (2013), Brooklyn (2017), Luna Gale (2018) and Musical of Musicals (2019).
For a glance at the upcoming season, visit here. Tickets are $12 for plays, $16 for musicals and free to those with a Buffalo Gold Card. Please call the Box Office for more information at 806-651-2804.