PARIS (AP) — French President Emmanuel Macron has been slapped in the face by a man during a visit to a small town in southeast France.
Macron’s office on Tuesday confirmed a video that is widely circulating online.
The French president can be seen greeting the public waiting for him behind barriers in the town of Tain-l’Hermitage after he visited a high school that is training students to work in hotels and restaurants.
The video shows a man slapping Macron in the face and his bodyguards pushing the man away as the French leader quickly leaves the scene.
French news broadcaster BFM TV said two people have been detained by police.
More from MyHighPlains.com:
- WT offers students ‘hope and opportunity’ through new financial aid options
- Newsfeed Now: US will miss July 4 vaccination goal; Board crashes through car windshield on turnpike
- Warren Buffett resigns as trustee of Gates Foundation
- End of Watch: Hutchinson County Sheriff Coker to be honored in Borger ceremony
- Cows stampede through California city after slaughterhouse escape; 1 shot by deputies