(NBC NEWS) — US sales of Irish whiskey are surging.
That’s according to new data released by IWSR, an alcohol market analysis firm.
It says volume of Irish whiskey sales shot up 8.6 percent in 2019.
It’s one of the fastest-growing spirits categories in the US.
The firm says “premium-isation” is a key driver for the category’s sustained interest and innovation.
As part of the trend towards premium offerings, Irish whiskey producers have been releasing products with age statements similar to those of scotch, reaching up to 21 years in the barrel.
More from MyHighPlains.com:
- Troops and Packs host ‘Scouting for Hunger 2021’ food drive for High Plains Food Bank, surpass 2019 total
- Severe weather causes damage in Bay County
- From gift cards to cash: these fitness apps pay you to get in shape
- Pearls of Purpose hosts cleanup at St. Anthony’s Hospital
- Taking this step after receiving the COVID-19 vaccine makes a difference, CDC says