(CNN) — Doctors in Japan made a surprising discovery after finding a worm living in one woman’s tonsil.
The 25-year-old woman was experiencing throat pain and irritation five days after eating Sashimi, a delicacy of raw fish.
According to a study published in the American Journal of Tropical Medicine and Hygiene, she underwent a physical examination at a Tokyo hospital.
Medics found a black worm – 1.5 inches long – moving inside her left tonsil.
They were able to remove the creature with tweezers.
More from MyHighPlains.com:
- Scott, Graham meet with SCOTUS nominee on Capitol Hill
- Who won the Trump-Biden debate? 6 moments that defined the night
- Week 5 Player of the Week: Caden Thompson, Highland Park
- Fact check: A look at claims from Trump and Biden’s first debate
- ‘Would you shut up, man?’: Trump, Biden interrupt each other during chaotic debate