(CNN) — You may say this is just bananas but this piece of art – a banana ducktaped to a wall – sold for $120,000.
It was made by Italian artist Maurizio Cattelan, who is known for his off-the-wall work.
The piece is called “The Comedian” and it was displayed at Miami’s prestigious “Art Basel” Art Fair.
But what’s the message the artist is trying to get across?
Some believe the piece is mocking the art world and its inequalities.
But others simply say don’t overthink it.
We guess someone just found this too “a-peeling” to resist.
Jokes aside, there were actually three editions of this piece.
And the third will likely collect the highest price, $150,000.
More from MyHighPlains.com:
- Ghislaine Maxwell wants trial delay, blames prosecutors
- In a jam-packed shelter for the expelled, Mexican families and Central Americans cling to hope
- San Antonio airport locked down after active shooter situation
- Video: 13-year-old Adam Toledo appears to drop gun, raise hands before Chicago officer fatally shoots him
- FEMA’s funeral program overwhelmed by 1 million calls on first day