(CNN) — You may say this is just bananas but this piece of art – a banana ducktaped to a wall – sold for $120,000.
It was made by Italian artist Maurizio Cattelan, who is known for his off-the-wall work.
The piece is called “The Comedian” and it was displayed at Miami’s prestigious “Art Basel” Art Fair.
But what’s the message the artist is trying to get across?
Some believe the piece is mocking the art world and its inequalities.
But others simply say don’t overthink it.
We guess someone just found this too “a-peeling” to resist.
Jokes aside, there were actually three editions of this piece.
And the third will likely collect the highest price, $150,000.
More from MyHighPlains.com:
- WATCH LIVE: Amarillo City Council meeting, May 11
- Bodies of two slain officers from Concho County arrived in Lubbock for autopsy
- Texas lawmakers OK bill barring plant-based products from using ‘meat’ or ‘beef’ on packaging
- Teen surfer bitten by shark eager to return to waves despite more than 100 stitches: ‘I felt pretty darn cool once I got bit’
- WATCH: Stolen U-Haul truck erupts into flames during California chase; 1 in custody