(WFLA/NBC News) A Florida man is recovering after surviving an alligator bite to the face.
Officials say the man was playing disc golf at a Largo park Monday when he waded into a pond to retrieve a disc.
As he leaned down to pick up the disc the alligator attacked, latching onto his face.
Fortunately, the man was able to pry himself free and escape the water.
Read more: https://bit.ly/3hq00q5
More from MyHighPlains.com:
- Your poop is helping predict COVID-19 outbreaks in Austin
- Trump announces ‘Born Alive’ executive order
- Thousands of airline employees face furlough on Oct. 1 without relief from Congress
- Red Cross needs volunteers as hectic hurricane season and COVID-19 run resources thin
- Could polls be wrong? Here’s Trump’s path to winning November’s election