AMARILLO, Texas (KAMR/KCIT) — The City of Amarillo said water service near the area of West Amarillo Boulevard and Soncy Road will be temporarily shut off beginning at 5 p.m. today, Jan. 14, to allow repair to a nearby water main.
According to the city, the water was damaged when a fiber optics company hit a concrete steel cylinder water main around 2001 S. Soncy Rd.
The City of Amarillo Utilities Department will continue water service until 5 p.m. today to allow
the medical businesses in the area to finish work for the day.
According to the city, the repair to the water main will aim to proceed in a timely manner and be completed as soon as possible. The COA Utilities Department is individually notifying each business.
The city list the impacted addresses:
- 8207 to 8301 W. Amarillo Blvd.
- 8815 to 8975 W. Amarillo Blvd.
- 2000 and 2001 N. Soncy.
- 1 Care Circle to 25 Care Circle.
More from MyHighPlains.com:
- State health department says teachers still not a priority for COVID-19 vaccine
- Senate Republican leader McConnell offers support for power-sharing deal with Democrats
- Protests after video shows police car driving through crowd of pedestrians in Washington state
- Teen missing in 1983 identified as victim of Green River Killer
- GoPro found after 6 years at the bottom of Honolulu ocean returned to owner