AMARILLO, Texas (KAMR/KCIT) — Today, The Texas Development and Water Board approved financial assistance just under $45 million for water and wastewater system projects around the state.
Out of the $45 million, about $8 million was approved for rural projects.
$29.5 million will go to an advanced metering infrastructure project in Amarillo.
About $3.4 million will be going towards improvements to Cottle County’s water system.
Just under $800,000 is going to Gray County, for their improvements.
Just under $1.5 million will go towards Briscoe County’s water system improvements.
More from MyHighPlains.com:
- BSA Hospice of the Southwest to host ‘Grief During the Pandemic’ support group series
- Baseball Hall of Famer Don Sutton Dies at age 75
- Teen whom Biden befriended as fellow stutterer releasing children’s book
- Why was purple significant at the inauguration?
- WATCH: Lady Gaga sings national anthem at Biden’s inauguration