AMARILLO, Texas (KAMR/KCIT) — Today, The Texas Development and Water Board approved financial assistance just under $45 million for water and wastewater system projects around the state.
Out of the $45 million, about $8 million was approved for rural projects.
$29.5 million will go to an advanced metering infrastructure project in Amarillo.
About $3.4 million will be going towards improvements to Cottle County’s water system.
Just under $800,000 is going to Gray County, for their improvements.
Just under $1.5 million will go towards Briscoe County’s water system improvements.
More from MyHighPlains.com:
- Amarillo College receives $250,000 grant to help struggling students
- Gray County confirms four more positive COVID-19 cases
- Ohio man builds “lumber jacked gym” after his gym closes due to COVID-19 shutdown
- Pet owners spend $5.8 billion as pet care service demand increases since 2007
- Tiger at NYC’s Bronx Zoo tests positive for coronavirus