AMARILLO, Texas (KAMR/KCIT) — Today, The Texas Development and Water Board approved financial assistance just under $45 million for water and wastewater system projects around the state.
Out of the $45 million, about $8 million was approved for rural projects.
$29.5 million will go to an advanced metering infrastructure project in Amarillo.
About $3.4 million will be going towards improvements to Cottle County’s water system.
Just under $800,000 is going to Gray County, for their improvements.
Just under $1.5 million will go towards Briscoe County’s water system improvements.
More from MyHighPlains.com:
- Dr. Temple Grandin speaks at WT’s Distinguished Lecture Series
- Day two of the UIL Girl’s High School Basketball Bi-District Playoffs
- TxDOT discusses potential of I-27 expansion
- Ryan Newman Daytona 500 crash shows racing never truly safe
- NASCAR safety innovations helped save Ryan Newman’s life