AMARILLO, Texas (KAMR/KCIT) — A spill Tuesday from wastewater collection facility near I-40 and Lakeside Drive has been contained.
According to the City of Amarillo, the spill originated from Life Station 29.
Officials said the spill was due to a pump malfunction.
Repairs were made Tuesday evening, and the lift station is now operational.
The city said the volume of the spill was an estimated 250,000 gallons and was a combination of domestic, commercial, and industrial wastewaters, and flowed into a storm sewer and into Playa Lake #26.
City officials said all wastewater has been contained and disinfectant has been placed on the spill area.
The regional office of the Texas Commission of Environmental Quality has been notified of the spill.
More from MyHighPlains.com:
- State health department says teachers still not a priority for COVID-19 vaccine
- Senate Republican leader McConnell offers support for power-sharing deal with Democrats
- Protests after video shows police car driving through crowd of pedestrians in Washington state
- Teen missing in 1983 identified as victim of Green River Killer
- GoPro found after 6 years at the bottom of Honolulu ocean returned to owner