MONTALTO, NEW ZEALAND (NBC NEWS) — A dramatic collapse of a cliff was captured by a local New Zealand resident.
The footage shows the moment part of Klondyke Terrace collapsed into a river Saturday.
It happened after a local state of emergency was declared for the South Canterbury town on New Zealand’s south island following a river flooding after heavy rain.
Local authorities expect further heavy rainfall this weekend and have alerted residents to be ready to evacuate on short notice.
More from MyHighPlains.com:
- Report on former national security advisor’s book latest twist in impeachment trial
- Texans are one step closer to being able to grow their own hemp
- Arizona looking to expand trade with Mexico
- Coronavirus scare has border health officials from both sides in constant communication
- Cuban migrant granted asylum released by ICE