Vape Pen Explosion Kills Texas Man

News

A Fort Worth man died last week after an electronic cigarette he was using exploded, cutting a major artery in his neck, according to the Tarrant County Medical Examiner.

William Eric Brown, 24, died Jan. 29 at John Peter Smith Hospital due to “penetrating trauma from exploding vaporizer pen,” the medical examiner said, noting shrapnel from the blast severed his left carotid artery.

The report did not identify the brand of electronic cigarette or offer other details.

Brown’s grandmother Alice Brown said he told her he was going out to buy some vaping products.

For more – http://bit.ly/2GpZB6J

Copyright 2019 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

Weather

More Forecast

Don't Miss