This Monday, Memorial Day, Amarillo Panhandle Humane Society is inviting dog owners to come to the Starlight Ranch at 6 p.m. for Yappy Hour. Have your favorite beverage while “test driving “ the Big Bone Dog Park. Enjoy a burger while your dog makes new friends in the park.
To be part of the Big Bone Dog Park, dogs must complete an evaluation. The purpose of the evaluation is to ensure the safety of all pets and families visiting The Big Bone Dog Park.
Each dog must meet the following standards at the time of the evaluation:
- Dog is at least 6 months of age judged by the presence of all adult canine teeth.
- Current on the following vaccines (cannot expire within 30 days of evaluation)
- Distemper Adenovirus Parvovirus Parainfluenza (DA2PP/DA2LPP)
- Neutered (if male)
- No apparent fleas or ticks
The behavioral assessment will test for two conditions: human aggression and animal aggression. Any dog that is deemed to be aggressive towards humans or other dogs by APHS staff will be refused membership. Dogs that do not meet these standards will have the opportunity to visit their primary veterinarian and then reschedule evaluation. Some items are offered by the Amarillo-Panhandle Humane Society at the discretion of the on-duty veterinarian.
2018-2019 Annual: $100.00 paid at evaluation
2018 Annual: $60.00 paid at evaluation
Monthly: $20.00 paid monthly
3-Day Pass: $30.00
Starlight Ranch Select Park Member: No Charge
Additional Dogs: 50% of base charge per dog (3 Additional Dogs Max)
The following items are included in the Membership Fee:
- APHS Evaluation
- Microchip with Lifetime Registration
- Unique Permit/Identification Tag
Annual Membership Benefits
APHS will have an allocation of 100 specially priced tickets for selected music events at the Starlight Ranch. These tickets are reserved for members with an annual membership; tickets are available on a first-come-first-serve basis. The ticket entitles the member and their dog to attend the selected event.
All members receive a 10% discount for attendance at APHS premier fundraising events with a limit of 4 tickets per member.
All members are eligible to purchase Ruff Tough Kennels at a special members-only price; call APHS for kennel size and pricing.
Members receive a 15% discount on all APHS adoption fees.
Members may have their animals spayed or neutered by APHS for a flat fee of $40.00. Limit of 4 animals per member.
Members may have their animals microchipped for $10.00 per animal.
Big Bone Membership entitles members to the use of other dog parks at no charge. Likewise, members of the same parks are entitled to use Big Bone Dog Park at no charge. A list of affected dog parks is available from Big Bone Dog Park.
Mark your calendars for a fun event from the Amarillo-Panhandle Humane Society. APHS will hold the first annual Barks-n-Brews fundraising event at the Starlight Ranch on Saturday, June 16.
The event consists of the following:
- 7 p.m. to 11:30 p.m.
- Adults and children welcome
- Food and Beverage:
- Beer Sampling: 7 p.m. to 9:30 p.m. Participants will receive a complimentary sampling glass, entitling the holder to sample a wide selection of craft beers.
- Burgers: Ticket holders will receive a complimentary Big Texan’s Half-Pound Burger with all the trimmings and fries; additional burgers are available for sale. Children age 12 and under receive hot dogs and potato chips.
- Cash Bar: A fully stocked cash bar will be open from 7 p.m. to 11 p.m. for those who prefer something other than beer to drink.
- Ruff Tough Kennel Discount Certificates: 15% Discount
- Live Entertainment: Live entertainment featuring Jack Ingram and Jonathan Tyler.
- Other Events at Starlight Ranch at additional cost:
- Miniature Golf
- Bounce House
Amarillo Panhandle Humane Society
3501 S Osage Street