United We Eat: Monterey Chicken
- 3-4 thinly sliced skinless chicken breast
- ½ teaspoon each salt and black pepper
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- ¼ cup barbecue sauce
- 1 cup reduced fat Mexican blend cheese shreds
- 1 (14 oz) can diced fire roasted tomatoes
- 1 (7 oz) can diced Hatch green chilies
- 2 slices bacon, cooked & crumbled
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Season chicken with salt and pepper.
3. Brush oven-proof skillet with oil; heat over medium-high heat. Add chicken breasts and brown evenly on both sides. Spoon each chicken breast with 1 tablespoon of barbecue sauce, top with ¼ cup cheese, spoon evenly with tomatoes and green chilies and top with bacon crumbles.
4. Place in oven and bake for 20 minutes or until cheese melts and chicken is cooked through.
For more recipes, visit happyandnourished.com.