(FOX NEWS) — Tyler Perry is celebrating a huge milestone the entertainment mogul is now the world’s newest billionaire.
Forbes valuing Perry at more than $1.4-billion calculating together his earnings since 2005 and he’s been putting his money towards financing his passions, dropping close to $300-million on his Atlanta film studio.
But the actor, writer, and producer wasn’t always financially stable.
Tyler Perry was once homeless while trying to make it as a playwright.
More from MyHighPlains.com:
- Palo Duro Football will battle for a playoff spot on Friday night
- Charlotte organization buys hotel to house homeless
- Cute puppy pics used to bait victims as online scams spike amid pandemic, BBB warns
- California sheriff who refused to enforce COVID-19 order tests positive for virus
- The Randall County Commissioners Court is accepting applications to complete the unexpired term of Judge Ernie Houdashell