(NBC News) President Trump is defending his decision to take an unproven drug to protect against coronavirus.
Mr. Trump told reporters Monday he is taking the controversial drug hydroxychloriquine, despite FDA warnings of serious risks, including potentially fatal heart problems.
“I think it gives you an additional level of safety,” President Trump said.
The White House doctor prescribed the drug at President Trump’s request.
Many medical experts are harshly criticizing the move, saying the risks appear to outweigh the benefits.
“It sets an irresponsible example to the American people,” says former White House physician Dr. Jennifer Pena.
Read more: https://nbcnews.to/2Zlfntk
More from MyHighPlains.com:
- Sen. Cornyn, Congressmen Cuellar, Gonzales to announce bill responding to migrant influx
- Burning Man mulling mandatory COVID-19 vaccines for August
- Turtle crashes through windshield, hits passenger in head; both OK
- WT to announce multi-million dollar estate gift for Texas Poet Corner on April 22
- UT will require Longhorn Band to play controversial fight song, will create new band for opposers