SANTA FE, NM (KQRE) – Governor Michelle Lujan Grisham on Thursday, August 13, to provide an update on the state’s coronavirus response and talk about the 2020 Census. The news conference will take place at 4 p.m.
During the governor’s last COVID-19 news conference Gov. Lujan Grisham announced some senior living facilities in New Mexico would be able to allow in-person visits. To comply with new guidelines, the visit has to be outdoors, with residents and visitors 10 feet apart with plexiglass in between.
The governor also last week issued a revised executive order about quarantine requirements. In the newly revised order, the mandatory 14-day self-quarantine does not apply to New Mexico residents who have left the state to obtain medical care. It also will not apply to New Mexico residents who have left the state for less than 24 hours for parenting responsibilities.
More from MyHighPlains.com:
- Veterans will ride 20 horses for 20 miles to raise suicide awareness
- Protesters march in Asheville, leave casket full of dirt at police station
- 3 arrested after man fatally run over by own van while trying to stop vehicle theft
- Watch Live: 2 officers shot in Louisville during protests
- President Trump, GOP AGs accuse social media companies of silencing conservatives