AMARILLO, Texas (KAMR/KCIT) — Health officials gave a new look at the number of COVID-19 patients in area hospitals.
Northwest Texas Hospital has 24 patients with COVID-19. Among those in the hospital, 17 of the 24 are in the ICU. The hospital said it has had 10 people die in the past month.
BSA said it has 49 people in the hospital with COVID-19. That is the highest it has seen since May and officials say we are seeing another surge of cases.
The Amarillo VA said it has two people in the hospital with COVID-19. One is in the ICU and 18 people are recovering at home.
City leaders also responding to questions regarding social media posts from city residents. Some are saying the virus is not real, others claim the virus either kills you or has no impact.
All city leaders said wearing a mask will keep any virus you may have from spreading, and that it will protect those around you.
Watch the full briefing below:
More from MyHighPlains.com:
- Texas Downtown Association honors Hodgetown as Best Economic Gamechanger
- Time may be running out to mail your ballot depending on where you live
- As virus surges, Trump rallies keep packing in thousands
- CBP says majority of medical transfers at ports of entry are American citizens
- Playing through! Nearly 10-foot-long alligator strolls across Florida golf course