AMARILLO, TX (KAMR) — Dumas Independent School District and Spearman Independent School District congratulate Lori Garrett and Katherine George as they enter the running for 2021 Texas Teacher of the Year.
Garrett and George stand as the finalists for Region 16 to compete for the title.
Lori Garrett is a fourth-grade teacher at Cactus Elementary in Dumas.
Katherine George is the high school art teacher at Spearman ISD.
Finalists for the competition will be announced soon, and winners named during the TASA/TASB Convention.
More from MyHighPlains.com:
- Palo Duro Football will battle for a playoff spot on Friday night
- Charlotte organization buys hotel to house homeless
- Cute puppy pics used to bait victims as online scams spike amid pandemic, BBB warns
- California sheriff who refused to enforce COVID-19 order tests positive for virus
- The Randall County Commissioners Court is accepting applications to complete the unexpired term of Judge Ernie Houdashell