AMARILLO, Texas (KAMR/KCIT) — 2020 Randall High graduate Emma Ambs has won the 13th District of Texas Congressional Art Competition.
Emma’s original acrylic painting of her grandfather, titled Prairie Rose Cottage, will hang in Washington DC for an entire year.
Additionally, Ambs, Christopher and Tammy Ambs, and her art teacher, Mrs. Adrienne Hurtt, will be flown to DC in July to participate in a reception and tour Congressman Mac Thornberry’s congressional offices.
Emma plans to attend college locally and major in Psychology and Art to become an Art Therapist.
More from MyHighPlains.com:
- 2021 Rose Parade canceled due to coronavirus pandemic
- Back to school spending on track for a record
- JCPenney cuts 1,000 jobs as it closes stores
- New Mexico inmates riot amid demands for more virus testing
- Excessive heat causing issues for area farmers