AMARILLO, Texas (KAMR/KCIT) — 2020 Randall High graduate Emma Ambs has won the 13th District of Texas Congressional Art Competition.
Emma’s original acrylic painting of her grandfather, titled Prairie Rose Cottage, will hang in Washington DC for an entire year.
Additionally, Ambs, Christopher and Tammy Ambs, and her art teacher, Mrs. Adrienne Hurtt, will be flown to DC in July to participate in a reception and tour Congressman Mac Thornberry’s congressional offices.
Emma plans to attend college locally and major in Psychology and Art to become an Art Therapist.
More from MyHighPlains.com:
- Border Democrats vow to hold Biden accountable on his pledge to not build ‘another foot of wall’
- It’s not December yet, but Elf on the Shelf 2020 is already very different
- World-renowned opera singer Renée Fleming using music to help those suffering from neurological disorders
- Teen nearly dies after getting syndrome tied to COVID-19
- ‘Viral shedding’: What is it and when are people with COVID-19 most infectious?