AMARILLO, Texas (KAMR/KCIT) — UPDATE: The Randall County Sheriff’s Office reports the suspect is 41-year-old Charles Duane Parsons of Bluff Dale, Texas.
The RCSO said Parsons is currently in custody in the Randall County Jail on a murder charge and has been issued a $100,000 bond.
The victim is 47-year-old Allen Darrell Ward of Hereford, Texas, said the RCSO.
The RCSO said the investigation is still ongoing.
Original Report: Randall County criminal investigators are waiting on the results of the autopsy report of a man killed in a Tuesday night shooting near the 38000 block of FM-1075, authorities said.
Around 11 p.m. March 2, Randall County dispatchers received a 911 call about a vehicle crash and shooting in rural Randall County. According to authorities, when Randall County deputies arrived on scene, Texas Department of Public Safety Troopers told them they discovered the body of a 47-year-old man in the crashed vehicle. The DPS troopers arrived at the crash first.
A 41-year-old male who was found near the scene of the accident, was identified by deputies as the 911 caller. Investigators said he was arrested at the scene and booked into the Randall County Jail on murder charges.
Justice of the Peace Tracy Byrd ordered the autopsy, which was performed this morning in Lubbock, authorities said. Investigators expect to see the results later today.
More from MyHighPlains.com:
- Bushland Softball Claims District Title
- Amarillo-Panhandle Humane Society transports over 60 rescue animals to neighbor states, adds second van to fleet
- Unknown Comics, local business renowned in the world of comic books opens retail location
- Amarillo Crime Stoppers hosts 14th annual ‘Shred It’ day, aimed at preventing ID theft
- Peloton treadmill could kill small children and pets, consumer agency warns