AMARILLO, Texas (KAMR/KCIT) — Potter County Sheriff’s Office responded at 4:37 Monday afternoon about a vehicle in a pond at a gravel pit on Folsom Rd.
The Amarillo Police dive team was called in to investigate. They confirmed that a body was in the vehicle.
The vehicle was towed out of the water and JP Taylor did order an autopsy.
The case is still under investigation but at this time there is no foul play suspected due to witnesses at the scene.
More from MyHighPlains.com:
- Houston Astros open team facilities for player workouts on Monday
- Llano Cemetery holds Memorial Day service to honor Hometown Heroes
- Animal-to-human coronavirus transmission found
- “Weather or Not?” The NASA Demo-2 Launch
- US faces Memorial Day like no other under virus restrictions