AMARILLO, Texas (KAMR/KCIT) — Potter County Sheriff’s Office responded at 4:37 Monday afternoon about a vehicle in a pond at a gravel pit on Folsom Rd.
The Amarillo Police dive team was called in to investigate. They confirmed that a body was in the vehicle.
The vehicle was towed out of the water and JP Taylor did order an autopsy.
The case is still under investigation but at this time there is no foul play suspected due to witnesses at the scene.
More from MyHighPlains.com:
- Barrett confirmation would tilt court conservative for generations
- Amarillo ISD delayed start for all schools on Tuesday
- Democrats make final push to prevent Barrett’s confirmation
- Eveline Rivers Coat Project & Warmth keeping area children warm with free coats
- How did your neighbors donate? Map breaks down Trump-Biden split by zipe code