AMARILLO, Texas (KAMR/KCIT) — 47th District Attorney Randall Sims says the officer involved in the shooting death of 19-year-old Aaron Valdez has been no-billed.
Valdez was wanted for a string of shooting earlier this month in North Amarillo.
According to initial reports, Valdez pointed a gun at police before officers shot him.
APD says Valdez had warrants stemming from the shootings that happened at Thompson Park, 2500 block of North Wilson, and the parking lot of the D&T Food Mart.
More from MyHighPlains.com:
- Everyday Heroes: Access Community Credit Union and Jimmy John’s partner up to feed Amarillo’s hospital workers
- City of Amarillo provides update with COVID-19
- Castro County issues Shelter in Place order
- Dwayne ‘The Rock’ Johnson teaches daughter to wash hands while singing ‘Moana’ song
- Weekend Plans: Tascosa Drive-In still open