AMARILLO, Texas (KAMR/KCIT) – Amarillo Police responded Saturday night to a motorcycle crash at the intersection of south Soncy Road and Town Square Boulevard.
Officials say a 2018 Ducati motorcycle, driven by an 18 year old male of Amarillo, had been northbound on Soncy. A 2011 Toyota Sequoia driven, by a 39 year old female of Amarillo, was eastbound on Town Square turning northbound onto Soncy. The Ducati hit the Toyota.
The driver of the motorcycle was taken to a local area hospital with life threatening injuries. The driver of the Toyota was uninjured.
The driver of the motorcycle was wearing a helmet. Speed is a factor in the collision.
The incident is being investigated by the Traffic Investigation Squad of the Amarillo Police Department.
More from MyHighPlains.com:
- APH reports 142 new cases, 9 deaths, 430 recoveries in Amarillo area
- Amarillo Fire Department responding to fire in west Amarillo
- WATCH: Garth Brooks calls for unity in ‘Amazing Grace’ inauguration performance
- China hits Trump officials with sanctions on their way out
- Super Host? Bucs can become 1st to play Super Bowl at home