AUSTIN, Texas (KAMR/KCIT) – Governor Greg Abbott released a new public service announcement encouraging Texans to get a flu shot.
According to the governor’s office, getting a flu shot is especially important this season to help keep hospitalizations down during the ongoing response to COVID-19.
In the PSA, the Governor notes that the flu vaccine is an effective way to reduce the chances of contracting, and spreading, the flu.
More from MyHighPlains.com:
- Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg lies in repose at U.S. Supreme Court
- Your poop is helping predict COVID-19 outbreaks in Austin
- Trump announces ‘Born Alive’ executive order
- Thousands of airline employees face furlough on Oct. 1 without relief from Congress
- Red Cross needs volunteers as hectic hurricane season and COVID-19 run resources thin