AMARILLO, Texas (KAMR/KCIT) — DPS is reporting a fatal wreck near the intersection of 24th and Lakeside.
Officials say the wreck occurred around 10 a.m. when a truck hit the bridge.
DPS reports the driver died.
The wreck damaged the bridge. TxDOT is on scene surveying the damage.
We will have more information as it becomes available.
More from MyHighPlains.com:
- Missed kicks, penalties cost Cowboys
- Police: fight over parking spaces leads to 1 dead, 2 injured in NE Birmingham
- Photos: Thousands march in Washington to pray and show Trump support
- Hundreds of cars, motorcycles driving around I-469 in ‘Circle the Fort’ Trump Rally
- Report: Trump paid $750 in federal income taxes in 2016, 2017