SUNRAY, Texas (KAMR/KCIT) — DPS is reporting Ivan Villanueva-Garcia, 18, of Sunray, died Saturday night after a wreck on FM 722.
Officials say Villanueva-Garcia was traveling north east on FM 722 when the vehicle veered off the roadway, traveled into the barrow ditch and rolled over.
Villanueva-Garcia was not wearing his seat belt and was ejected from the vehicle.
It is believed the driver may have fallen asleep.
More from MyHighPlains.com:
- NASA administrator says space missions on track despite COVID-19
- ‘Cake Boss’ star Buddy Valastro fears he won’t bake again after grisly bowling injury
- Florida deputy reunited with 5-year-old girl she saved 3 years ago
- American, United Airlines to furlough 32,000 workers without federal bailout agreement
- UT-Austin student sets sights on becoming a doctor after losing her father to COVID-19