AMARILLO, Texas (KAMR/KCIT) — The Amarillo Public Health Department is reporting 50 new COVID-19 cases and 72 new recoveries in the Amarillo area.
According to APH, Potter County has 15 new COVID-19 cases, bringing the total number of cases to 3,943. There are also 27 new recoveries in Potter County today, totaling to 3,659.
APH said Randall County has 35 new cases, bringing its total up to 2,077. 45 recoveries were reported on Monday, totaling to 1,802.
APH is reporting two new deaths in Randall County, bring the total to 32 deaths overall. APH reports that Potter County has a total of 51 deaths.
The health district is reporting there are 476 active cases of the coronavirus in Potter and Randall County.
(This table reflects the cases on the High Plains as of 1:30 p.m. on March 2, 2021.)
|7County||Confirmed Cases Reported||Deaths||Recovery|
More from MyHighPlains.com:
- Police shootout during FOX 5 live report ends in arrest
- SCOTUS considers Arizona voting rights case as House lawmakers debate bill expanding access to polls
- Governor Abbott’s Executive Order GA-34 to allow all businesses and facilities to return to 100% capacity
- Report labels the best and worst states for children during the pandemic
- TWC says it processed 948% more unemployment claims, 2,000% more payments in 2020 compared to 2019