AMARILLO, Texas (KAMR/KCIT) — Amarillo Police have released the name of the suspect that stole a car with a child inside Tuesday.
Officials say 24-year-old Tyler Madison Connell was located on the 7000 block of I-40 East after he abandoned the stolen vehicle with the child still inside.
Connell was arrested for Unauthorized Use of a Vehicle and was booked into the Potter County Detention Center.
The case remains under investigation.
More from MyHighPlains.com:
- Bushland Softball Claims District Title
- Amarillo-Panhandle Humane Society transports over 60 rescue animals to neighbor states, adds second van to fleet
- Unknown Comics, local business renowned in the world of comic books opens retail location
- Amarillo Crime Stoppers hosts 14th annual ‘Shred It’ day, aimed at preventing ID theft
- Peloton treadmill could kill small children and pets, consumer agency warns