AMARILLO, Texas (KAMR/KCIT) — Amarillo Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery (AOMS) is holding an emergency blood drive due to the coronavirus pandemic.
AOMS teamed up with Coffee Memorial Blood Center.
The blood drive is from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m.
AOMS hopes to collect 30 to 40 units of blood to replenish local hospitals facing a critical shortage.
Across the country, 4,000 blood drives have been canceled throughout the United States resulting in the loss of over 130,000 donations.
More from MyHighPlains.com:
- Pregnant ESPN reporter fires back after ‘troll’ tries to body-shame her
- See the 71 movies titles coming to Netflix in November
- Crews modify border wall to cut across last free-flowing river in Southern Arizona
- Illinois health director fights back tears during COVID death totals, urges people to battle ‘pandemic fatigue’
- Several schools suing New Mexico Public Education Secretary