AMARILLO, Texas (KAMR/KCIT) — The Amarillo Fire Department responded to a structure fire at a vacant residence on the 800 block fo Browning at 1:45 this morning.
Officials say crews found a heavy amount of fire coming from the front porch of the home when they arrived.
Crews were able to quickly extinguish the fire, which was brought under control in under 10 minutes after arriving.
There were no injuries at this incident. Damage to the home was estimated at $10,000.
Amarillo Fire Marshal’s Office was called to the location to determine the cause of the fire, which remains under investigation.
More from MyHighPlains.com:
- LIVE: White House announces Medicare plan to provide insulin for $35 a month
- Mall food courts, water parks & driver education programs will be able to open under Phase 2 of Texas reopening
- Gov. Abbott traveling to Amarillo tomorrow, providing update on surge response efforts
- 5 more cases of antiviral drug distributed to Amarillo area, Gov. Abbott says
- Tennessee couple arrested after child’s remains found buried in backyard