AMARILLO, Texas (KAMR/KCIT) — The Amarillo Fire Department responded to a structure fire at a vacant residence on the 800 block fo Browning at 1:45 this morning.
Officials say crews found a heavy amount of fire coming from the front porch of the home when they arrived.
Crews were able to quickly extinguish the fire, which was brought under control in under 10 minutes after arriving.
There were no injuries at this incident. Damage to the home was estimated at $10,000.
Amarillo Fire Marshal’s Office was called to the location to determine the cause of the fire, which remains under investigation.
More from MyHighPlains.com:
- APH reports 142 new cases, 9 deaths, 430 recoveries in Amarillo area
- Amarillo Fire Department responding to fire in west Amarillo
- WATCH: Garth Brooks calls for unity in ‘Amazing Grace’ inauguration performance
- China hits Trump officials with sanctions on their way out
- Super Host? Bucs can become 1st to play Super Bowl at home